- W E B S C A P E,
President — Jan. 1994 – present
- Internet business consulting, social media strategies, Web applications development, technical writing, education and training. The author of the first book on Web publishing, The HTML Manual of Style, Mr. Aronson is a popular lecturer and speaker, a recognized Internet expert and a founder of New York City’s online community.
- Larry Aronson Associates,
President — July 1982 – present
- Information systems design and development. Major work for: Mobil Oil Corporation’s Product Safety Information Systems, the CBS News Election Unit and Merrill Lynch’s Mortgage Backed Securities Systems.
- Boeing Computer Services,
Tech Manager — July 1978 – June 1982
- Managed a staff of systems analysts serving BCS’ customers in the New York area. Responsible for the support of timesharing clients using IBM, CDC and Cray computers. Work included proposals, demos, project management, programming, documentation and customer education.
- Columbia University Computer Center,
- Assistant Manager, User Services — Feb. 1974 – June 1978
- Applications and library support for University staff and students.
Faculty position involving project design and program management in addition to teaching responsibilities.
Maintained the APL, FORTRAN and Pascal interpreters and compilers; statistical libraries and graphics packages.
- Data Display Systems,
Senior Programmer — Mar. 1971 – Jan. 1972
- Development and support of FORTRAN-based biomedical system for heart research.
Assistant Systems Engineer — Summers 1968, 1969
- Customer support and programming for the Chicago manufacturing branch office.
- Linux, SUN and HP, UNIX systems
- Macintosh systems and software
- Windows systems and software
- IBM VM/CMS and MVS/TSO operating systems
- Networking and telecommunications
- SQL — MySQL, Sybase, DB2
- APL, PL/1, FORTRAN, BAL, Pascal, C
- Columbia University, New York, NY, 1974 – 1978
- Graduate Studies in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science.
- University of Illinois, Champaign, Ill., 1966 – 1971
- B.A. in Mathematics/Computer Science, B.S. in Psychology;
- Minors in Language and Philosophy.
- Evanston Township High School, Evanston, Ill., 1962 – 1966
- Science and Math honors.
Familiar with Chinese and French, some German, Lingala and Russian. Avid windsurfer, good cook.